Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TAXES

Since Blake's schedule with the USAFR is unpredictable I took over doing finances back in April 2008. In Jan/Feb 2009 I got help from a friend on learning to do my taxes. Blake did not itemize so he showed me how to itemize and what to itemize and since then I have saved every receipt that could potentially be itemized. It took over 2 hours on Saturday to separate everything, but they are all added up and ready to be inputted. I wrote down a lot of subjects to look up - and most of them were 'no', but some were 'yes' which means...money, money, money! Taxes can be time consuming but if you break it up and do a little at a time it won't seam like a burden. I'm excited for all our forms to come in so I can see the amount the return will be! Guess what we get to use the money for: We need to get the boards along the roof line replaced and few other things done to the house so we can put it on the market next year. I'd rather use it for it shopping and a vacation to NY but oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment