Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

24 Days until Christmas!

I have been following many blogs about crafting over the past year and a very popular craft to make this time of year is the advent calendar. They are making them out of cups on sticks to sewing each individual square onto a quilt. Talk about time consuming...although very cute and it makes a great decoration. So two days ago I was at the commissary and there they were - advent calendars. I remember in first grade when my teacher brought the advent calendar to school and said for everyday one child would get to open the cardboard flap and get a piece of chocolate. I could not wait for it to me my "special" day. It's funny how excited our class got over a $2 advent calendar...oh the simple times were the best :) So I picked one up for Bailey and this morning we hunted down the number and opened the cardboard flap - she was excited to eat a piece of chocolate at 6:45 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment