Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Glass Etching

Hobby #47? Just kidding...I really don't know how many it is but this one is fun to do. I have been noticing a lot of glass etching projects on the blogs I follow and decided to give it a whirl. It is super easy and turns out great on flat surfaces but when you work with cylinder objects the sticker is hard to work with and you have to make sure the Armour Etch doesn't slide off onto the glass...oops...but the ribbon covers up the mistake and it matches Bailey's room more. I made the plate for my boss and the mug for my husband's best friend. I'm going to Old Time Pottery this Sunday in hopes of finding some great glass items to etch up! I bought a couple of wine glasses from the $ store but I want to get some unique items along with plain glass platters to jazz up.


2 comments:

  1. So easy! Just a sticker stencil (I use my cricut) and "armour etch". That's it!

    ReplyDelete