Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Roll Tide Elephant Bar Stool

I purchased this stool from Ross about 3-4 months ago. I had intentions of painting cutesy designs on it in crimson and black but the more I thought about it I wanted to make a really cool stool/statement piece. About 2 weeks ago Blake took over half of the office/spare bedroom/craft room with his putting green so I guess its a hobby room at this point. In the past 4 years this room has changed from our office to our spare bedroom to my craft room to a putting green in the center of the room. In this room we have our Alabama pictures and Alabama decorative items so I wanted it to me nicer than crimson polka dots and swirls. So I looked online and there are zero Elephant Bar Stools! I thought for sure someone would have awesome bar stools but zero! I even looked at the "Rainforest" restaurant and they didn't have any elephant stools (they had every other animal but no elephants). So this is the first one! I found an elephant painting I liked that looked possible to paint and ideas started swirling around in my head. I painted the legs in crimson and modpodged (5 layers to make it a hard plastic) houndstooth scrapbook paper on the middle legs. The upclose picture of the houndstooth is not fully dried. I think it turned out great! I will probably make a few more in the future for Blake's "Man Room".... at our next house.




1 comment: